Saturday, September 10, 2011

Veteran's Day

YEA!!!!!!! I just read a book that sparked so many ideas my brain is in warp speed.  A couple of weeks ago, I went down to our public library to see if they had a book I was looking for to teach Point of View.  They didn't... but said they would order it.  You've got to love that kind of support. 

While I was there I browsed the shelves and found a book called America's White Table  by
Margot Theis Raven.

I just had the time to read it today, and I was inspired to change the way our school celebrates  Veteran's Day.  I thought I would go ahead and post because you might want to have time to get the book before Veteran's Day.  I'll keep you posted as I make my plans.  If you have used this book please let me know how it went with your class.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this book title with us. I am checking with my school library to see if we have a copy, and if we don't, I will order it, too.
    Our school honors veterans with a special ceremony, and I would love to read this book.

    From one 4th grade teacher to another,
    Thank you!

    http://teachingincuteshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete